Are you using DWService on a daily basis ? Did you know you can unlock more bandwidth to make the most of it ? And at the same time, choosing one of our many plans will help us make DWService available to a larger number of people around the world.
At first to fund DWService, we decided to rely on a system of donations. We had a great response from the community. However, we have reached a stage where we now need a regular source of income in order to plan what’s coming ahead of us.
We have a long and exciting list of features that we want to implement within DWService and we need to build a solid roadmap. And this involve the financial aspect of this project which is now provided by a fully registered company.
What are the available subscription plans ?
In order to suit the needs of a large number of users, we have established a wide array of paid subscriptions that will provide more flexibility. Free plans will still exist of course. They come with 6 Mbps of bandwidth.
Monthly subcriptions plans
- Entry plan : €2, £2 or $3 /month for a maximum bandwidth of 8 Mbps
- Lite plan : €5, £5 or $6 /month for a maximum bandwidth of 10 Mbps
- Basic plan : €10, £10 or $12 /month for a maximum bandwidth of 14 Mbps
- Advanced plan : €25, £25 or $30 /month for a maximum bandwidth of 20 Mbps
- Professional plan : €50, £50 or $60/month for a maximum bandwidth of 30 Mbps
- Premium plan : €100, £100 or $120/month for a maximum bandwidth of 50 Mbps
But of course, if you’d rather pay on a yearly basis, we also have specific types of subscriptions for you ! And they even come down to a cheaper price.
Yearly subcriptions plans
- Entry plan : €20, £20 or $30/year for a maximum bandwidth of 8 Mbps
- Lite plan : €50, £50 or $60/year for a maximum bandwidth of 10 Mbps
- Basic plan : €100, £100 or $120/year for a maximum bandwidth of 14 Mbps
- Advanced plan : €250, £250 or $300/year for a maximum bandwidth of 20 Mbps
- Professional plan : €500, £500 or $600/year for a maximum bandwidth of 30 Mbps
- Premium plan : €1000, £1000 or $1200/year for a maximum bandwidth of 50 Mbps
So what’s bandwidth anyway ?
Unlocking more bandwidth for DWService come with several benefits. Think of it as a data transfer cable. The more bandwidth, the bigger the cable is.
Overall, your session will be faster as more data can come through between your computer and your remote machine. When accessing the remote desktop, you’ll get a better screen quality. If you access the file manager application, download rates will be bigger and upload speed will be faster as well.
Note that the bandwidth is allocated to a specific session, not to a user. So if you have several simultaneous sessions, they will all benefit from more bandwidth. Also, if you are a premium user and share an agent with a standard user, the latter will benefit from a better bandwidth when connecting to this agent. How cool is that ?
How do we use your money ?
The money generated from our subscription plans is fully invested in DWService. The money will be spent on improving the project’s code base, on funding tasks that generally receive less attention from developers and to fund work on peripheral tasks so that the core contributors can focus their efforts on DWService improvements.
As an example, we would like to fund the following project activities:
- Fund developers to work on specific aspects of DWService including implementing new features and fixing bugs
- Improvement of infrastructure (Servers, Network, High Availability, Backup)
- Improvement of documentation, workshop materials and tutorials
- Development of additional functionality
And be assured that we have a great roadmap ahead! Be part of the adventure and, for the price of a monthly cup of coffee, join us as a premium member !